Moving On

Recaping the year, favorite moments, articles, and friends choice

http://www.fluentu.com/french/blog/say-goodbye-french/?lang=en

Samara McCullough, Reporter

Unfortunately, Journalism and this semester are ending soon and I will be moving onto 7th grade. Journalism has been fun because last year informative and news article type of writing was enjoyable. I love informing people (about animals) and about new things that they never knew about. Over this semester I’ve written 28 articles and I have had a couple I favor. These are my top five favorite articles:

5. The Dangers of Social Media

This article is one of my favorites because it explains the dangers of our online social lives. While some may disagree that social media is dangerous and should be monitored (by parents or by the company). Many people suffer from these issues and should be warned or informed.

4. 4 Amazing Animals Named After Harry Potter

http://eofauna.com/en/replicas/dracorex-3
The dracorex gets its name from its similarity to the Harry Potter world dragons and is my favorite animal named after Harry Potter.

I enjoy this article because it combines my two favorite thing, animal and Harry Potter. This article has wowed some by informing  them that their are cool animals named after anything, even Harry Potter characters. Many have never heard of or never seen any of these animals making me proud to show them a new animal.

3. Pit bulls : a Family Pet or an Aggressive Breed

This is close to my favorite because it explains a major problem that we have caused, pit bull discrimination. The dog breed were once favorited for being good guard dogs and family pets. Now they are euthanized and stuck in shelters because of cruel stereotypes.

2. Protection From Shark Attacks

http://www.sharkbanz.com.au
This is the newest model of the shark repellent band by Sharkbanz one of the new ways to protect you from unfoseen attacks.

This is my second favorite because it explain the technology and discoveries that scientists went through to protect beach goers. These inventions and discoveries reveal interesting facts about sharks along with our advancements in technology.

1. Shrimp Inspires Future Tech

http://www.slate.com /articles/video/video/2015/09/mantis_shrimp _fights_are_long_brutal_but_not_fatal_video.html
This is the Mantis Shrimp, a small creature making big waves in the engineering world.

While this is my first article its my favorite, I love that many didn’t know about these technologies and the animal. This amazed many and shared how we constantly rely on animals for inspiration. If you haven’t read it this article explains the recent science advancements based on the tiny but mighty, Mantis shrimp. The fact that these technologies are coming and the amazing talents of the shrimp still amazes me, making this my number one.

The Favorites of Friends

One of my classmates favorites are The Dangers of Social Media. They enjoyed this article because it’s so widely used that many don’t think of the dangers. This article explains what could happen and why you should be more careful when posting. Another favorite of some of my friends is The History of April Fools Day . They explain how they thought it was funny to see how this historic prank day came to be and how it developed from Victorian times to today. They were also impressed by one of the most extreme April fools day pranks.  Another article commonly liked I hope you like others have enjoyed my articles and check them out later or click on a link above.

[Total: 0 Average: 0]

1 Comment

One Response to “Moving On”

1. Mantis Shrimp Lover on May 26th, 2017 10:17 am

The Mantis Shrimp Is My Favorite Animal. In the presence of such beauty that it sees within its 16 cones it embraces darkness, It is the grim reaper of the sea.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Moving On

Student Life

Goodbye!

• Moving On

Student Life

Byeeeeee!

• Moving On

Student Life

Bye:)

• Moving On

Student Life

Journalism’s Last Year

• Moving On

Student Life

Bye Y’all People And #HAGS;)

• Moving On

Student Life

Goodbye Journalism

• Moving On

Student Life

Farewell Journalism (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

• Moving On

Student Life

It Was Nice Not Knowing You! 🐱

• Moving On

Student Life

Goodbye Journalism :(

• Moving On

Student Life

Goodbye My readers?

The student news site of John Muir Middle School ;)
Moving On